Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday

A little more than two months till Axle gets to go into nursery! He's past the sit-on-your-lap-quietly stage and just wants to run. Not to mention that church starts when his nap usually starts. So Frank sacrificed (ha ha) and took the bubba home after Sacrament mtg for a nap. Axle also went down for a nap. Colin, being the good child that he is, also volunteered to go home and "help Dad".
Atticus is officially a Sunbeam! He loves class but doesn't yet love sharing time. But he stayed the whole time today. Hooray! He is also starting to draw the cute people pictures with the circle for a head and the arms and legs coming off the circle. Its so fun to see him learning new stuff. I don't see how people purposely stop after only one child. As soon as I get a toddler I start to miss having a baby around!
I haven't spent as much time sewing as I had planned. Instead I have been reading 4 different books at once. I wish I could say one of them was the scriptures, but I'll do better this week. I just finished the 3rd book of Leven Thumps, am starting the 3rd Eragon book and am trying to read a book about Marjorie Hinckley for a book club. I also started Inkdeath but put it aside since I own it and there is no due date on it. Colin is getting close to finishing Eragon. I will be very proud of him for reading such a big and pretty challenging book!

4 comments:

  1. You're lucky to have such a dedicated father and son. Aleky has to suffer through the whole priesthood meeting! And Donovan finally survived his first full Sunday in primary! Ah, kids...you gotta luv 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gretel!! I'm glad I found your blog! (Off the jones blog) How are you guys?! I miss having you here to scrapbook with... Carolee is gone too. I've been wanting to read Leven Thumps, hope it's good. Well, I guess I have a lot to ask about your house and ward and everything since you moved, hope all is great out there. Anyway, our blog is garyandlauramorris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss scrapbooking with you! I'll add you to my blog list. WE have one too, but it's private, so send me your email address if you want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gretel, I am coming to Utah for the day Saturday, Feb 21st (for a ski trip w/ Ryan's work). I don't have your contact info anymore. I want to see u! Actually you might have read on my blog that I don't have a babysitter for baby Jonas (Ry's brother backed out) Contact me please, even if you can't help out with JOnas we can meet up! (ps - we are willing to pay for a babysitter on Sat. if u know anyone :) email thehulings@gmail.com (I can't put my phone# on here, can I?)

    ReplyDelete